[Peace] NFN Friday

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sat May 11 15:40:33 UTC 2019

Carl and David

Good show, unfortunately I couldn’t see it, could only listen, whether my system, or UPTV’s I know not.

David: I like your assessment of “class,” does effect all things,” my words, not yours.

Carl: Interesting info. from Greg Palast, related to the Koch Bros. interest in Venezuelan oil.

I loved your assessment of the Public I, as I have been planning to write to them given my analysis is almost exactly the same as yours.

I loved Al Kagan’s article related to Vietnam, having also been involved in the anti-war movement in DC, then in 1993 while residing in Bangkok, Thailand, I organized an event on behalf of the US Democrats Abroad Thailand, with international businessmen, urging the US to drop its sanctions against doing business with Vietnam. Though I have never been there, I have been to Cambodia and Laos, and other nations in Asia, and everything Al Kagan reveals about recent events in Vietnam, compares with that of others I know who have been there. His analysis is one I share. When one looks at interventions and war today one see’s a pattern of military losses, resulting in the US acquiring the goal, not of military victory, but simply the creation of chaos and destruction, which places the victim nation in a position of weakness, struggling to survive, and rebuild and often a dependence upon outside nations.

I also liked Richard Esbenshades’ article on the Yellow Vest movement in France, which I had been informed by Beldon Fields when I asked if he would be writing, and was informed he would be advising. Important, given the lack of coverage of the Y V movement, by even alternative media. It appeared to be a fair and unbiased analysis.

Unfortunately Pat Simpson’s article is good and important, it is a bit out of date, given AOC abandoned the Green New Deal, leaving it to the same folks, who never supported anything related to global warming, saying when asked, she wanted to focus on more important issues, as her reason for not sitting on the committee. This was much to the disappointent of the young Sunrise Movement folks, who depended upon AOC to promote the original Green Party’s, Green New Deal, even without a reasonable phase out of fossil fuels.

Sheri Daily’s article related to BDS wasn’t mentioned, but it was good to see it in the Public I.