[Peace] Fwd: Teach In: No Detention Center In Central IL on Thursday✊

kmedina67 kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 02:34:33 UTC 2019

                            Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all having a good night! I am emailing you to invite you to a Teach-In regarding the detention center being built in Dwight, IL. The event is on Thursday May 16th from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm at the Independent Media Center (IMC) located at 202 S Broadway Ave, Urbana, IL 61801. As many of you may have heard there is currently a bill in the senate called HB 2040: Private Detention Facility Moratorium Act, which would prohibit state and local governments from contracting with private prisons.

But while HB 2040 is being heard in the senate, it will likely NOT stop the detention center from being built in Dwight. To learn more about why that is and how to get involved please come to the Teach-In on Thursday. If you can’t make it to the event, please help by spreading the word to people and organizations that you know. I am also attaching the flyer for the event and here is the Facebook event for more information.

Have a good night!

UIUC Ayuda

                                        This email was sent to kmedina67 at gmail.com

                                        #UIUCAyuda · 1203 W Nevada St · Urbana, IL 61801-3817 · USA

                    @media only screen and (max-width: 480px){
                        table#canspamBar td{font-size:14px !important;}
                        table#canspamBar td a{display:block !important; margin-top:10px !important;}
                    }