[Peace] Vote on Syria "secure the oil" mission is Thursday if Tulsi calls it

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 18:00:22 UTC 2019

[...]
Provides that a motion to discharge House Concurrent Resolution 70 shall be
in order on November 21, 2019, if offered by Representative Gabbard, with
20 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled by Representative
Gabbard and an opponent.
[...]

https://rules.house.gov/sites/democrats.rules.house.gov/files/Rule_HR4863.pdf

So:

1. It's all up to Tulsi now. There's a floor vote in the House on Thursday
on withdrawing from the unauthorized "secure the oil" mission if Tulsi
calls the vote. House leadership isn't standing in her way.

2. Regardless of what Tulsi decides to do on Thursday, we've set a
precedent in this House that anybody could do this, any time they want, to
call the question on an unauthorized war. Therefore, from now on, in this
House, if any Member of the House criticizes something Trump does with the
U.S. military as "unauthorized," but doesn't call the question by invoking
the WPR, we'll know that they didn't do everything they could reasonably do
to stop the unauthorized military action.