[Peace] Today is the deadline to register to vote in the Sept. 1 Dem Primary in MA

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 16:07:44 UTC 2020

Today is the deadline to register to vote in the September 1 Democratic
Primary in Massachusetts. Make sure all your Massachusetts friends know
that today is the deadline to register to vote in the primary. You have to
register as a Democrat to vote in the Democratic Primary in Massachusetts.
Every registered Democrat in Massachusetts gets to vote in the hotly
contested Markey-Kennedy race. Markey, with AOC, is the co-lead of Green
New Deal. Pelosi is backing Kennedy. That concludes my argument. In
addition, people in MA-1 [western MA] get to vote in the Alex Morse-Richard
Neal race [Neal is only MA Dem who wouldn’t sign Green New Deal, and he's
chair of Ways & Means which writes the tax code and can get rid of fossil
fuel subsidies, if we defeat Neal we get to fight for a Ways & Means Chair
who will remove fossil fuel subsidies], there is the Ihssane Leckey race
for the open seat vacated by Kennedy, there's a contested primary in
Boston.

Note that in Massachusetts, you must declare as part of your voter
registration your affiliation to the Democratic Party in order to vote in
the Democratic Primary. This is different from open primary states like
Illinois where any voter can just show up on Primary Election Day and
choose whether to take a Democratic ballot. This link can be used for three
different tasks: 1. registering to vote from scratch, including declaring
party affiliation; 2. updating party affiliation to Democrat; 3. Checking
voter registration, including verifying that your party affiliation is
Democratic Party.

https://www.sec.state.ma.us/OVR/

====

If you want to share this info on Facebook, it's all collected right here:

https://www.facebook.com/robert.naiman/posts/10159878502912656