[Peace] Alex Morse: "right-wing foreign policy PAC" has ‘emergency fundraiser’ for Neal

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 18:09:30 UTC 2020

Gee, I wonder if this "right-wing foreign policy PAC" has a *name*? Aren't
you a little bit curious, who this "right-wing foreign policy PAC" might
be?

Alex does give us one extra clue:

'Even worse, this "emergency fundraiser" is hosted by a hedge fund
billionaire, Jeffrey Talpins, who has dodged taxes for decades using the
carried interest loophole. Neal has stopped legislation closing that
loophole from even being considered in the Ways and Means Committee,
letting investment bankers like Mr. Talpins avoid paying their fair share.'

Ever heard of "Jeffrey Talpins" before?

Let's ask Ryan Grim, over at the *Intercept*. Maybe he knows something
about this...

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/11/ilhan-omar-israel-lobby-documentary/
PRO-ISRAEL LOBBY CAUGHT ON TAPE BOASTING THAT ITS MONEY INFLUENCES
WASHINGTON
An undercover Al Jazeera investigation informs the conversation about the
Israel lobby’s influence in Washington kicked off by Rep. Ilhan Omar’s
tweets.
Ryan Grim
February 11 2019, 6:31 p.m.

[...]

In the censored documentary, Ochs went on to describe a fundraiser hosted
by Jeff Talpins
<https://www.wsj.com/articles/jeffrey-talpins-is-the-hedge-fund-king-youve-never-heard-of-1543764284>,
a hedge fund giant, as similar as well. “In New York, with Jeff Talpins, we
don’t ask a goddamn thing about the fucking Palestinians. You know why?
’Cause it’s a tiny issue. It’s a small, insignificant issue. The big issue
is Iran. We want everything focused on Iran,” Ochs says. “What happens is
Jeff meets with the congressman in the back room, tells them exactly what
his goals are — and by the way, Jeff Talpins is worth $250 million —
basically they hand him an envelope with 20 credit cards, and say, ‘You can
swipe each of these credit cards for a thousand dollars each.’”

[...]
========

Robert, today a right-wing foreign policy PAC sent out an email asking
their members to attend an "emergency fundraiser" for our opponent.

This PAC proudly supports Lindsey Graham, John Cornyn, and Mitch McConnell,
and now they’re throwing their support behind our opponent, Richie Neal.