[Peace] News from Neptune #449 notes

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Feb 1 07:54:43 UTC 2020

News from Neptune #449
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwUj9wDTAiU
An "If God had meant us to vote, she would have sent us candidates" edition

A list of links to items referenced on the show.

Sunny Kim (CNBC) on "Elizabeth Warren proposes criminal penalties for spreading
voting disinformation online"
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/29/warren-proposes-criminal-penalties-for-spreading-disinformation-online.html

Related: Glenn Greenwald reaction to Sen. Elizabeth Warren's proposal to censor
"misinformation"
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1222841439597531136

> This is an awful, authoritarian, unworkable, and censorious proposal from Warren,
> no matter what her intentions are. Having the government regulate and criminalize
> the internet - by deciding what "misinformation" is - is exactly the worst
> solution to all of these problems.

George Soros on "Mark Zuckerberg Should Not Be in Control of Facebook"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/opinion/soros-facebook-zuckerberg.html

William Randolph Hearst
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Randolph_Hearst

David Green's recent letter to the editor in the News-Gazette is not yet published
online. When it appears online someone can followup with the URL for that letter.

News-Gazette letters to the editor
https://www.news-gazette.com/opinion/letters-editor/

"An open letter to the Green Party about 2020 election strategy"
https://www.nationofchange.org/2020/01/25/an-open-letter-to-the-green-party-about-2020-election-strategy/
https://ibw21.org/news/an-open-letter-to-the-green-party-about-2020-election-strategy/
https://mavenroundtable.io/communityindependentjournal/politics/an-open-letter-to-the-green-party-for-2020-2lsF9NJfBkiP-mcy1NxZCQ

Aaron Maté's twitter post
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1223070626379902976

Anthony DiMaggio on "The Myth of the “Electable” Democrat: Neoliberal Bankruptcy,
2020 Edition"
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/01/31/the-myth-of-the-electable-democrat-neoliberal-bankruptcy-2020-edition/

Shadowproof
https://shadowproof.com/

Unauthorized Disclosure episodes
https://unauthorizeddisclosure.libsyn.com/
RSS: http://unauthorizeddisclosure.libsyn.com/rss

Jimmy Dore on "DNC Stacks Convention Committees w/ Corporate Bernie Haters"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4rc6r9TVjU

Spencer Neale on "Warren vows that ‘young trans person’ will choose her Secretary of
Education"
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/warren-promises-young-trans-person-will-vet-secretary-of-education

All pages on the wsws.org site mentioning "1619 project"
https://www.wsws.org/en/search.html?sectionId=&maxResults=100&phrase=1619+project&submit=Search

David North and Tom Mackaman on "A reply to the American Historical Review’s defense
of the 1619 Project"
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/01/31/ahrr-j31.html

Victoria Bynum on "My Response to Alex Lichtenstein Regarding the 1619 Project"
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/01/31/resp-j31.html

Related: Tom Mackaman on "An interview with historian Clayborne Carson on the New
York Times’ 1619 Project"
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/01/15/clay-j15.html

Marxmail archives
https://www.mail-archive.com/marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu/maillist.html

Alex Woodward on "Biden gets physical with voter in tense Iowa exchange over pipelines"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/joe-biden-push-voter-iowa-climate-change-2020-election-a9307146.html

Jimmy Dore on "Biden Snaps! Pushes Questioner - "Vote For Someone Else!"" (includes
commentary on video of altercation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPDgGPUtTA

Adderall
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall