[Peace] This morning Monday at 5:30am, UPD killed 150 geese in Crystal Lake Park. Meet?

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 00:16:52 UTC 2020

this morning, Monday, the USDA trucks came to Crystal Lake Park around
5:30am, and men rounded up and gassed over 150 geese, adults and
goslings. Our group found that out at around 9:30am, when one of us said
she hadn't seem any geese this morning in the park.  So then we all went
out and looked for them in the park—no geese, no geese, no geese.

WE called the official ‘killing’ office, and found out it was true: 150
geese killed by an order signed by Derek Liebert and Tim Bartlett of UPD.  Our
attorney applied for an injunction  (which is an order to stop what you’re
doing—in this case, stop your plans of killing the geese) at 9:30am--4
hours after the geese were killed. Since the geese were already murdered,
the injunction no longer had any effect.

I am so

Could we meet for one last rally tomorrow, Tuesday, usual time and place
noon to 1pm, corner of Broadway and Park? Masks and social distancing.

Down below: the sanctuary in Southern Illinois (95,000 acres) where we
would have taken the geese

--
*Susan Parenti*
*Educational Coordinator *