[Petitioning] Take the Petitioning Challenge!

Tom Abram tabram at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 12:32:53 CDT 2006

This message is forwarded from the Illinois petitioning list for the State
Slate - there's a note at the bottom in regards to the local effort.

A lot of you have worked very hard so far to collect signatures.  We have
needed everything you've given to this point.  And we will need more.

I am estimating that we are currently at 28,000 signatures for the State
Slate.  We need a
massive push in the final two weeks.  That means that we need every single
one of you, now as much as ever.

Challenge Level 10:  For the next 12 days, collect 10 signatures a day.

Challenge Level 25:  For the next 12 days, collect 25 signatures a day.

We need 25 people to sign up for Level 10 and 25 people to sign up for
Level 25.  By "sign up", I mean, email me, and say you're in, and at what
level.

We're all in this together, and we're going to make it!

- Phil

In terms of the State Representative petitions, we are probably at 3,000
petitions in hand and in the field. Locally, if we get 5 people to sign up
for Level 10 and 5 people to sign up for Level 20, then we can get 2,100
more signatures.  With more than 5,000 signatures, we may not even be
challenged.  Email me (tabram at gmail.com) and let me know which Level you
will sign up for.

Please join the push for ballot access.  If you haven't petitioned yet, we
absolutely need you for these final two weeks.  Petitions can be found at
www.tomabram.org/volunteer or you can contact me and I will get them to
you.  If you are planning on petitioning somewhere, send an email to the
list and ask for help.  Downtown Champaign, Urbana, and Green St always have
some traffic.  Some grocery stores have been fine with us petitioning (World
Harvest, Osco) and we will work on getting approval for more.  Go door to
door in your neighborhood.  Bring a few sheets to a party!

If you have any questions, please email or call me at 417-7118.

We're almost there, and with your help we will be on the November ballot!

Thanks,
Tom Abram
Green candidate for State Representative (with your help!)