[volunteer] Help with Joe Futrelle's campaign

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Tue Sep 19 10:59:37 CDT 2006

Hello Greens,

My campaign is up and running and I need your help. First, I need to
raise money for yard signs and other advertising. Second, I need
volunteers to help me walk precincts in my district and distribute
flyers and meet voters. Third, I could use someone to help coordinate
my campaign. Contact me at futrelle at shout.net if you want to help!

Here's a new page on my site with links to volunteer resources:
http://joefutrelle.prairiegreens.org/Site/Volunteer%20Resources.html

Here's the text of a fundraising email I sent out to friends and
neighbors:

Hello friends and neighbors!

This year I'm doing something I never thought I would do--I'm running
for public office. Politics for me isn't about me but it's about the
situation we find ourselves in the world and how we urgently need
some new leadership on peace, energy, and the environment. That's why
I'm running as a Green party candidate. The Green party stands
against violence and for social and environmental justice, and we do
it without a cent of corporate campaign money.

The office I'm running for is a seat on the Champaign County Board in
district 8, an urban district containing, among other things, my
childhood home on Ohio street, several west Urbana neighborhoods,
most of the dorms at the University of Illinois, and part of Savoy.
The incumbents in the vote-for-two district are Democrats who regard
my candidacy as a sideshow, but all I have to do is come in second
and I'll get a seat on the board--not hard, since there's no
Republican running and voters are dissatisfied with "politics as usual."

I do need some money, pretty much all of which is going to go to
advertising. This a better year than ever to be a Green, since we
offer such a clear alternative to the major parties. In the next two
months I plan to advertise in several different local media as well
as putting together materials like yard signs and buttons. I'll also
be doing some door-to-door work where I'll talk to voters and hand
out flyers.

Today I'm asking for you to contribute to my campaign fund. Even a
small contribution will be very helpful, since some forms of
advertising can be cheap. Every little bit increases the very real
chance I have to win, so please give whatever you can now to help
overgrow the government!

The easiest way to donate is to go to my campaign website at http://
joefutrelle.prairiegreens.org/ and click on the "Make a donation"
button. The website has been slow lately, so be patient.

You can also send checks made out to "Futrelle for a Green County" to
me at

Futrelle for a Green County
1205 S. Race St.,
Urbana, IL 61801