[Rfu-barnraising] BR minutes--11/2

Lynsee Melchi Lynsee at illinoisalumni.org
Fri Nov 4 00:07:39 CST 2005

Present: Lynsee, John, Mike, Randall, Molly, Stuart, Phil?, Sascha,
Chris, Bill, Doug, maybe others...

TECH
*Need EAS antenna...I guess we'll make it
*Most of the equipment is in and the rest is coming. Distro and mic amp
are ordered
*Cabling in stock w/Clark. 30% discount available. PLEASE FOLLOW UP
ASAP. CALL TOM: 800-222-5348
*Coax in place
*Electrical inspector wants to know about grounding
---there are some big ass pipes that go into the ground...perfect
ground, but will city approve
---Amish come through with a big piece of copper...but what about pies??
*Ceiling tiles are going to be cheap right now, but maybe later we
should look into insulation or pro ceiling tiles

**Basically tech's all good

PUBLICITY
*The press bomb is slowly producing RFU shrapnel around town
*See: Active Senior, Accent, PublicI, Prairie Flame, and probably more
for article about RFU
*Lynsee will follow up w/news-gaz and Buzz
*WEFT PSA worked up between Ed and Lynsee
*Release sent to Prom full press list and Katrina relief coverers
*WLUW folks will come and produce radio piece
*FSRN, In These Times will be there
*Maybe: N Lawndale, Courier News, Beacon News
IMC CAUCUS: info on regional and global lists. Danielle will post to IMC
website

SPACE
*John needs tool room w/shelves and lock to complete his toolmaster
duties
*Prom suggests having a food prep/materials room
*Previous suggested food storage room is now and ADA potty, d'oh! yes!
Maybe put food in IMC staff room
*Life Transition Inst offer a kid space (1 room)
*OJC offer some wireless/workshop space (2 rooms) to be staffed by
OJCers at all times
*Cherry Alley: offers ante room for tech workshop. Funny hats WILL be
available...so don't fret
*Stage-need to build a stage for performance space during BR
*******not discussed in meeting, but Shows needs access to stage area
Fri 11th to set up for Sat show*******

Mbanna Kanako (sorry if butchered...)
*Petri suggests inviting him for his own event w/RFU in the future and
not necessarily as a speaker for BR.
*We should invite him to come for the BR...and bring the fam!

FOOD
*Lynsee should find out about paper plates and Papa J's on Th (see my
previous email for results)
*Sunday meal is cool w/Red Herring
*40 pizzas = $250 for Sunday
*Food pickup volunteers needed for Tu, W, Th (11/8-10) from 6-9pm

I hope that's it...sorry I lost my brain yesterday, but found it
today...it was sleeping in my bed where I should be now :)

later
Lynsee