[Rfu-barnraising] updated schedule

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Nov 4 13:31:08 CST 2005

Hi all,

I'm talking with the folks at Eye of the Storm Films (one of the projects the
UCIMC sponsors) -- I'd give it even odds that they'd be willing to come out to
the Barnraising to do a pre-release screening of their new movie "i" which is
all about Indymedia.  From their website (http://www.ithefilm.com):

"i the film is a meditation on the relationship between media and power as it is
manifested by the worlds largest all volunteer network of media activists -
Indymedia. It follows the first year of a small collective in Buenos Aires, as
it struggles amidst assassinations, a collapsing economy, and a whirlwind of
political upheaval."

The film hasn't been finished yet, but I'm hoping that the producers will come
out and we may get the privilege of being able to see the final cut (and provide
feedback), which would rock!  I hope to know more this evening -- Hannah, I'm
assuming they would fit perfectly into the Friday evening 9:15pm timeslot.

Keep your fingers crossed and lemme know,

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President