[Rfu-barnraising] prometheus is in town!

Andy Gunn andy at prometheusradio.org
Sun Nov 6 20:11:35 CST 2005

hey all rfu techies, we rolled in to town earlier today, and are starting to catch up after a long day (and night) in the car.  i took a tour of the imc/wrfu studio space today, and i was amazed.  the floorplans don't do it justice - what an amazing place to have a station and everything else...  i am really jealous, actually.

the day went really fast, so i didn't get much of a chance to call anyone and meet up today.  it is almost 8pm, so it isn't late - but i am pretty wiped out from the long drive last night.

i would like to propose an informal meet up tomorrow (monday) night - perhaps 730pm?  it seems like the time when most people can meet.  we can discuss anything that people are still uncertain about, what materials are left to be gathered, and maybe set up a limited schedule for anything tech-related that needs to be done before the barnraising.  a few things i think we can talk about (quickly):
- automation software and what rfu needs
- workspace setup before the barnraising (thursday will be a good day for this)
- plan for the first broadcast on sunday
- plan for hardware store / radio shack runs

so let me know a good place where we can meet up, and who can make it!  go ahead and mail me if you can't meet monday night, but wanna set up a time and place to go over things separately.  thanks!
-a

|  Andy Gunn - Technical and Training Organizer  |
| Prometheus Radio Project - prometheusradio.org |
|    andy at prometheusradio.org   215-727-9620     |

| Come to our next radio station Barnraising and community wireless |
| congregation!  November 11 to 13, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.     |
| Prometheus Radio Project * UC Independent Media Center * WRFU-LP  |
| Check http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana/ for more details!    |