[Rfu-barnraising] update on donations, etc

Molly mollystentz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:40:01 CST 2005

Lynsee, Bill, Stuart, Chris, Hannah!

Lynsee!
Can you call the CDC guy and get a quote on a case of forks, a case of
spoons, and 2 cases of paper plates? (They will probably try to sell
you styrofoam since those are cheaper, but ick - more landfill space
and paying for trash hauling!)

Maybe we could fax him a brochure? Talk about first amendment rights
or something that might appeal to the more conservative element?  Do
you have time? That would be super cool!

Bill!
Thanks for the awesome donations! I am sure they will get scarfed up!
Did you have a toaster or toaster oven you could bring in? Or a
popcorn popper? I'm still trying to find these things somewhere.. I
think Andy can come out to Kalyx with you and help pick up stuff. If
you can bring the freezer, cool. If it's a hassle, though, don't sweat
it.

Stuart!
Can you drop that coffee warmer off @ the IMC so I could take a look
at it? Also, could you do a run to espresso royale and walnut street
tea to pick up donations this week? I'll give you the contact info.

Chris!
Do you think you'll have time to do that supply run today?

Hannah!
Do you think pizza places would donate more on a Sunday afternoon? I
think we should do pizza for sunday dinner b/c it would be easiest.
It's also nice to start off friday with a nice big meal so I moved the
burritos to then.  Does that mess up anything you've arranged so far?
Will that work?

Everyone!
Does anyone else have a collection of garage-saled dishes hanging
around your house? Bring 'em over! I'm bringing a stack of stuff that
I'm not super attached to that we can use during the barnraising. If
anyone else has like 23 million coffee mugs like me - bring 'em over,
rover! Just label yer stuff with a dot of duct tape & yer initials on
the bottom!

Thanks, y'all!
-Molly

On 11/4/05, btaylor at prairienet.org <btaylor at prairienet.org> wrote:
> lynsee,  i second that, amazin stuff.  i got some other little old radio
> things, but couldnt find the groovy mic.  i'll leave'm in a box at the imc
> w/the food stuff next to the perf space,   rock on and on,  bill
>
> > hey lynsee, and the papa john's donation is smaller than we'd hoped as
> > well, right?  (like 3 pizzas)
> >
> > so i will continue to call pizza places today to see if we can piece
> > together a larger donation or get one somewhat subsidized big order, or
> > we should think of an alternate kitchen to use on friday night.
> >
> > thanks for your amazing work, lynsee.  rock on.
> >
> > hannah s.
> > prometheusradioproject
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:53:28PM -0800, Lynsee Melchi wrote:
> >> What up guys
> >>
> >> So here's the skinny...
> >>
> >> I called Odman today and the owner told me that he had already
> >> discounted the doors we bought from the original $3500 price to $2009
> >> and was not able to give us anything more. For future reference,
> >> donations are done on an individual basis and do not fit into any fiscal
> >> year like most places.
> >>
> >> I called and left a message at Cotter for Shane...no reply back yet.
> >>
> >> I called Schnucks-Urb, Schnucks-Champaign, and IGA and left messages, no
> >> word back yet.
> >>
> >> I called CDC paper/janitorial supply and spoke w/the owner. He's been
> >> too busy to check out our websites (before he wasn't quite sure what we
> >> were about and wanted to check out our websites before making a
> >> decision) and will look into it asap. I will call back Monday. They have
> >> everything we need (plates, cutlery, cups, trash bags, cleaning
> >> supplies, paper towels). MOLLY AND CHRIS: I need to get an estimate of
> >> how much of this stuff and what you will need so that I can approach him
> >> w/that. Also we will need to buy it anyhow and it will be good to have
> >> that. Bare minimum we can get a 10% discount from CDC.
> >>
> >> Tom from Clark Wire called me today to follow up on the wire donation.
> >> Please call him at: 800-222-5348 to follow up w/them. He's waiting :)
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Let me know if you have any Qs.
> >>
> >> Lynsee

> > --
> > -----
> >
> > hannah sassaman
> > prometheusradioproject
> >
> > our next radio barnraising is november 11th - 13th!
> > join us in urbana, illinois --
> > http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana --
> > and build a radio station AND a community wireless project!

Common Ground Food Co-op
610 E. Springfield Ave. Champaign, IL 61820
Store: 217.352.3347