[Rfu-barnraising] Fw: Hotel summary report

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 7 17:40:41 CDT 2005

Hannah,
I don't know about that. I'm a grad student in UIUC's History Dept. and
we use it for the Women's and Gender History Conference we grad students
anually organize. No one has seemed unhappy with the accomodations, but
historians don't generally travel in packs.
:)

Does anyone else have any personal experience with squeezing in extra
friends in local hotels? I know the state wrestling championship used to
percipitate a crackdown on this during that particualr weekend (along
with the tubs full of beer and busting holes in walls that such fans are
famous for), but with all the UI games in town, they may be more
flexible on this than usual anyway.

Besides being muy convenient (it's basically lass than a 100 feet from
the IMC itself), the The Historic Lincoln hotel's parking would solve
the parking issue for those driving in from out of town who stay there,
as they won't need their car to get to the barnraising.
Mike Lehman