[Rfu-barnraising] Meeting notes - 10.12.05

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Wed Oct 12 20:26:58 CDT 2005

Barnraising Meeting
10.12.05

Lynsee, Molly, Danielle, Bob, Chris, Bill, Mike L (Pete got lost in
Chicago)

------------------------------
Food - Molly
------------------------------
- Jason PW is the office manager at the Channing.  We can probably use the
Channing kitchen.  Sheri thought it would be fine except Friday night
dinner.  Need to talk to Katie.
- What times will the meals be?  According to Pete's schedule:

Friday:
	noon 		- Lunch - food for ~ 50 people
	5:30-7pm 	- Dinner

Saturday
	9-10 am	- Breakfast
	12-1:30 pm 	- Lunch
	5:30-7 pm 	- Dinner

Sunday
	9-10 am 	- Breakfast

"avoid paying more than $2/person per meal for breakfast, $4/person for
lunch, and $5/person for dinner."

Panera's is donating bagels
Paradiso is giving coffee
Tea from walnut street tea
Kaylx has got a bun-o-matic.

- Need a big water cooler - maybe the IMC will invest.
- Lynsee is calling for water.  We could also use tap.

Molly will spec out a food are on Monday 9:30.

------------------------------
Money
------------------------------
- registration fee - it should be clear that this just covers costs

- PR decision - "expenses under $100, conference related- just go
ahead. notify us of any expenses over $100, and we will let you know
whether to go ahead and make the purchase, which we can reimburse you
for. if you need a pile of money up front to spend from, we can front
that. let us know how much." - Pete

- Danielle will request 3 K in advance

------------------------------
Housing - Faith
------------------------------
- Faith with Zoe is IMC coordinator
- Hannah - Prometheus coordinator
- Danielle making survey to solicit - Lynsee will send with her
solicitations
- Please forward calls for housing to your listservs
- Hannah got crash space at Jumers
- Is Kaylx going to be used?

------------------------------
Publicity - Lynsee
------------------------------
- on website
- contacted all monthly
- women's press, el informador
- wrote article for active senior
- prairie flame - get on them
- Public i - get on them
- Illinois entertainer
- HUB - feature after, will announce before
- Buzz - get on them - contacted Seth - friend is writing
- Pamphlet - getting press
- Accent - will probably do something
- New Gazette - working with paul wood
- DI - they ignore us ... what to do?
- on innocent works website
- emailed a bunch of student groups
- WBML
- emailed rotary club
- send to 40 north to post to website
- need to get to library and campus groups
- will get something with college of communication - incl maybe funding?

- We need to call all members.

Outreach to IMCs - Anthony is on it
With Pete we will decide where we will schedule the IM3 caucus

------------------------------
Entertainment - Jenny
------------------------------
- Friday - status of bands?  Lynsee thinks they are cancelled.  Jenny can
confirm?
awesome bands - beauty shop, living blue, headlights - are at Canopy - we
can tell folks to go there after BR events.  BR members get reduced price
at the door $5.
- Saturday - bands are still on. 8 - midnight.

- What is the first broadcast going to be?  Internationale, stuff produced
during the weekend.  Archive the workshops over the weekend?

Prep Tech
- board is picked out - $1200.
- RFU has $2900 in the bank - 595 licenseeing fees, 1/2 the board, 1000
for tower, 150 special use permit -after these we will have $600 left.
need cable.
- special use permit before plan commission on the 20th
- julio and phil are donating microphones
- we need CD players