[Rfu-barnraising] [Fwd: {basement} Hands-On Community Wireless November 11-13]

katharan at prometheusradio.org katharan at prometheusradio.org
Fri Oct 14 15:44:36 CDT 2005

Subject: {basement} Hands-On Community Wireless November 11-13
From:    "Dharma Dailey" <dharma at prometheusradio.org>
Date:    Fri, October 14, 2005 2:09 pm
To:      "Harold Feld" <hfeld at mediaaccess.org>
Cc:      "CWN Policy" <cu-wireless-policy at ucimc.org>
         "Unlicensed Advocates" <unlicensed_advocates at kumr.lns.com> "Hedy"
<hedy at prometheusradio.org>
         liza at mediaactioncenter.org
         "Open Spectrum" <openspectrum at media.mit.edu>
         basement at prometheusradio.org

Wanna know WIFI?  Come November 11-13 to the 9th Prometheus Radio  Project
Barnraising in Urbana-Champaign.

  While volunteers from near and far gather together with the Urbana
Champaign Independent Media Center to build Radio Free Urbana, WRFU-LP,
others can help build on to the Champaign-Urbana Wireless network, a
pioneering leader in community broadband services.

For anyone interested in community wireless, this is an excellent
opportunity to share ideas and strategies for the future of community
wireless projects, and get hands-on experience, as we work with the
masterminds of Champaign Urbana Wireless!  You- yes YOU!- can help
assemble and install wireless nodes.  Don’t know what a wireless node  is?
 Come and learn from some of the best practitioners in the country.
  Workshops throughout the weekend will hit  on spectrum reform and
legislation, a survey of community wireless projects, community media
centers and community wireless, GNU Smart Radio, and mesh networks.

  And if that’s not enough for ya, we’re also throwing up an LPFM
station with all of the good stuff that you’ll find at our “regular”
barnraisings.

The recommended donation for the entire weekend will be $125, or $50  for
one day. Pay what you can afford. Food and simple housing
arrangements are included in the registration price. Scholarships are
available, and no one will be turned away for lack of funds. We need  you
to lend a hand in Urbana Champaign-- so don't let money be an  obstacle
for you!

Register now! Registration will close November 6.

More info at
http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana/_______________________________________________
basement mailing list
basement at lists.prometheusradio.org