[Rfu-barnraising] some responses

Lynsee Melchi Lynsee at illinoisalumni.org
Thu Oct 20 13:25:52 CDT 2005

Kate

I imagine I can field most questions you will have about stuff...if not
I can find the person w/the answers...so shoot!

>2. We need an onsite printer and photocopier for workshops. Are these
>available & reliable at the IMC? is there a very local coffee shop?

Danielle and Mike will have the best info on the site itself. I don't
know too much about the new building. They can probably answer the trash
issue, printer issue. I will email them right now. Our photocopier is on
the fritz and I don't know if it will be up before the BR. There is a
pay one in the Books to Prisoners area. Are you guys needing to do a lot
of copying or just small stuff? If it's small stuff here and there then
that will be your best bet unless our IMC copier is working. The library
is across the street and you can make copies there too, but they are
expensive. Like 10-15 cents.

There is no really local coffee shop. The IMC might actually be putting
one in at a later date which will be soooo cool!! There are 2 gas
stations that are close w/cheap coffee, but they close really early
(like 11pm). There actually may be a coffee-ish/deli shop in the mall. I
had a sandwich there a few months ago, but I don't remember if they have
coffee items. Their smoothies are not good though ;) d'oh!

>4. Speaking of drivers, what is the parking situation around the IMC?
is
>there a free lot we could work out?

There is a multi layer city garage kitty corner to the IMC. We can
probably park there at night and during the weekend for free...I'll
check it out. The IMC has limited (like 17) spots in and around the
building. Also we can probably use the Historic Lincoln lot.

kopelman1 at yahoo.com

PRP will bring a
>van or two, so it would be good to get a couple of RFU people who are
>willing to volunteer driving time on our van policy. Four would be
good.
>Anyone game?

I will send an all call out to the RFU list.

Lynsee & Bill Taylor, could you take a peek at this page and see
>how it looks & give us any feedback on it?
>http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana/barndirections.shtml

I looked at it when it went up and it looks good. I found some more info
which I gave to Hannah

Lynsee