[Rfu-barnraising] tables and chairs!

Hannah Sassaman hannahjs at prometheusradio.org
Thu Oct 20 17:32:14 CDT 2005

so i laid some groundwork for tables and chairs... here are our options so far.  i'll also call a few churches that
danielle gave me contact info for and check in with them!

* * * * *

Presbyterian Church McKinley Foundation
more info
809 S 5th St
Champaign, IL 61820
(217) 344-0297

deborah owen referred me to debbie miller for table and chair rentals.  i talked to her this afternoon and asked her
for between 400-500 chairs and 20-30 tables.  that number would mean that there were enough chairs to stock the
plenary/eating area, the workshops, and the places where people were building stuff.  yay!

the mckinley center -- they have an event saturday, but could provide chairs and tables thursday night, we'd have to
return them saturday morning, get them back sunday morning and have them all day sunday.  that sounds like a
nightmare.

so debbie recommended that if we tagged all the mckinley center property as theirs (like with red electrical tape or
something) they could donate maybe 7 tables and 100 chairs and we could keep them the whole weekend.  which is a
start!

if we got 7 tables and 100 chairs would be a damage deposit of $50-$100 for the weekend, and then we get that back.
so that sounds like an awesome option that we should pursue no matter what.

* * * * *
University YMCA
1001 S. Wright St. Champaign, IL 61820 217-337-1500.

i spoke to joanne and she said no.  boo.

* * * * *

herriotts on neal street... under party rentals...
217-356-9713

they are a rental company!  open 9-5.  their costs:

tables that are 8 foot by 2.5 feet = $7/day
chairs are .75/chair.

i didn't ask about delivery but i'm sure they do that.

my estimates of needing about 30 tables, for food and for workshop space and to use to put stuff together on, and
about 450 chairs, for workshop space and for eating and for sitting on for the station build, it would cost $1642.
which is way too much.  anthony and i were guessing that prometheus would want to spend no more than $700

if we had to go with this option we could maybe ask for 20 table

lynsee you said you put in a request, right?  the receptionist i chatted with said that requests needed to be in the
form of a letter saying what we needed, written to the attention of the herriot group, i assume you did that... the
receptionist says they process donation requests quickly so maybe someone should call them monday...

* * * * * *

the homeworks group:
 217-355-6460

angela miller is the manager.

i asked her about folding chairs and rectangular folding tables... we need someone to come by and check out, and
borrow it, and write up a list of what they wnat to take, and figure out a small donation for those.  angela is not
sure what they have but would be very willing to let us take whatever!  we'd have to get it ourselves i am pretty
sure.

can anyone go and scout out their goodies?  here are their hours:

HOMEWORKS is located at 40 E. University Ave. in downtown Champaign, just north of the IL Terminal train/bus station.
Its on the corner of University and Market, just one block east of Esquire.

Our store hours:

Monday 		closed
Tuesday 	12-7 p.m.
Wednesday 	12-7 p.m.