[Rfu-barnraising] Ladio Lenca rep. in C-U

btaylor at prairienet.org btaylor at prairienet.org
Sat Oct 22 08:59:25 CDT 2005

Carlos Euceda, Honduran activist in C-U

On Monday, Oct. 24, Carlos will be arriving in C-U for a one week visit.
(He'll return to be here during the radio barnraising for Radio Free
Urbana, Nov. 11 - 13.)

In addition to being directly involved in the struggle for indigenous
rights in Honduras, he is PCP's cooperante for our radio solidarity work
in Honduras, specifically in our ensueing project in La Esperanza,
Intibucá - Radio Lenca.  (RFU has decided to establish a sister station
relationship with Radio Lenca.)

We need to take this opportunity to discuss the flow of both projects with
Carlos, especially the planning of  Radio Lenca.  I will be available most
of the time for transportation and translation, but I need to be here for
Halloween fundraiser for A Woman's Fund at the Kalyx Center, Friday and
Sat. nights.

I could use help with room and board and offsetting other expenses during
this visit, and if he's here for longer than the barnraising in November,
during that time too.  (PCP is responsible for half of his $847 plane
ticket.  Funds to cover that would help keep the Radio Lenca project
progressing towards our goal of building the station in May or June of
2006.)

Can we do a PCP board meeting on Tues. night to meet Carlos and plan
further work?

I will bring him to the WRFU barnraising meeting Wed. night.

Any ideas for other meetings, conferences, venues for talks, etc.?

Peace,  Bill
cell  217 649-9085,  weekdays after 9 pm, free all weekend
home 762-9561