[Rfu-barnraising] meeting notes - 10.26.05

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Wed Oct 26 20:29:37 CDT 2005

Barnraising 10.26.05

Pete, Kate, Hannah, Sascha, Kevin, Bill, John, Lynsee, Phil, Danielle

FOOD
- We are now providing food on Sunday for LUNCH and DINNER
- Lynsee maybe got free pizza from Papa John for Friday night - she will
follow up and if it doesn't go anywhere, she will tell Hannah who will
follow up on her slew of calls.
- What does Molly need in terms of volunteers for the weekend - food prep,
etc?  Kate will help - you all should talk: kate at prometheusradio.org
- Paper goods - Lynsee is looking for free stuff.
- Staging area - Danielle & Pete spec'ed it out

REGISTRATIONS
- 50 are registered now

HOUSING
- Faith has 21 spaces so far.

PUBLICITY
- Di had an article, we have stuff on the weeklies
- News-Gazette - Melissa Merli is doing a feature story
- need a PSA at WEFT
- WURW is taking a bunch of people to the barnraising - perhaps they can
do a story on it.
- Hannah is taking care of national
- Lynsee is posting links to PR from WRFU site
- IMC invites - Josh B is helping - posting tomorrow
- Bill
- Danielle e-mailed her many lists with personal invites to the
Gainesville Civic Media Center, FSRN folks, GRC

TRASH/RECYCLING
- we will have two picks that next week to take it all
- we have recycling

PREP TECH
- we have a spreadsheet for purchases
- the critical expenses are covered by RFU funds
- board is IN!
- Lynsee is working on getting cabling donated
- Mike is purchasing Coax cable
- we are soliciting donation of scrap wood - we are asking timberline for
studio furniture wood
- CUWiN is still planning on integrating streaming stuff - RFU has not
decided yet on streaming cause of the dough and restrictions. CUWiN
- CUWiN doesn't seem to have a sense of what is going on with the
barnraising and we are emphasizing the wireless part strongly during this
barnraising.  Temperature of involvement: CUWiN still doesn't know -
Danielle is sending Pete
- Tools?  John Anderson said he would be woodshop coordinator.  Prometheus
will bring some tools.

SPACE
- RFU studio will have finished walls but no paint, outlets, old lights,
no drop ceiling by the time of the barnraising.
- OJC will decide whether to offer their rooms this Friday at their staff
meeting.
- Danielle will e-mail artist collective

SCHEDULE
- Pete will have a draft in two days and send to RFU list

REGISTRATION
- 2-3 people at registration at all times.  It ends of being a hang out
space and info center.

PREP
- Pete will be here the Saturday before
- Lynsee needs some lead time on copies - but can get 50% off at Kinkos. -
Hannah will send some stuff.
- We still need welcoming materials - Lynsee will get stuff from CVB.