[RFU] Re: [Rfu-barnraising] Re: {leti} Re: the automation question

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:00:04 CDT 2005

I expressed concerns about streaming at last night's barnraising meeting,
but apparently to no avail, since no one is addressing the concerns I
expressed.  My concerns are:  (1) cost of recurring licensing fees, and (2)
restrictions on content (number of songs by a particular artist or from a
particular album).  I hear people saying that the FCC rules and licensing
rules don't matter, but I'm not willing to take that chance.  Do you want
WRFU to lose its license to broadcast if someone decides to get legalistic
on us?  If someone gives us the money and we can stream, fine, but if I have
content that is not allowed, as I certainly will, I'll just turn the stream
off during my program.  I trust we will at least have that option.

--Phil