[RFU] Re: [Rfu-barnraising] Re: {leti} Re: the automation question

Andy Gunn andy at prometheusradio.org
Fri Oct 28 15:52:12 CDT 2005

i think we can definately whip something up to turn streaming on and off.  either an audio switch to turn the audio on and off to the computer - or a software switch to turn the stream on and off.
-a

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, doug hoepker wrote:

> As long as there is an option to turn this sucker on
> and off, I'm all for it, too. I want it on. I don't
> plan on playing more than a couple tracks from any
> given record in the course of my show -- and I can
> guarantee that no one else DJing at WRFU is going to
> be playing the same obscure crap that I am planning to
> play. Also, I see no need to let the listener know
> what I plan on playing during my show, but I question
> why this would be a rule. It seems silly, to say that
> you can't announce what you're planning on playing
> ahead of time. Why would that be a rule? (Or am I
> misunderstanding?)
>
> By the way, are there different rules for LPFM and FM
> stations regarding webcasting? Because I listen to
> several streaming stations (KEXP in Seattle or WFMU in
> Jersey) and they both announce ahead of time what
> they're going to play, and in the case of KEXP they
> most definitely exceed the number of spins per disc
> rule in any given week.
>
> What gives?
>
> -Doug
>
> --- Phil Stinard <pstinard at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Norman,
> >
> > Thanks for putting down the regulations in black and
> > white.  This looks like
> > a good policy for WRFU to consider if it decides to
> > webcast.  I wouldn't
> > have any problem with the streaming of non-music
> > programs.  As it stands,
> > though, I would definitely turn streaming OFF on my
> > program.  I want to
> > announce my playlist in advance, and there are times
> > when I would want to
> > play an entire album, like Andrés Jiménez's "Jesus,
> > El Hijo de Dios," which
> > is a complete work in 16 tracks that make a thematic
> > whole.
> >
> > --Phil
> >
> > >From: Norman Stockwell <normstoc at wort-fm.org>
> > >To: Phil Stinard <pstinard at hotmail.com>
> > >CC: sascha at ucimc.org, andrew at funferal.org,
> > leti at lists.prometheusradio.org,
> > >       rfu-barnraising at lists.chambana.net,
> > rfu at lists.chambana.net
> > >Subject: Re: [RFU] Re: [Rfu-barnraising] Re: {leti}
> > Re: the automation
> > >question
> > >Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:23:25 -0500

> > night's barnraising meeting,
> > addressing the concerns I
> > recurring licensing fees, and
> > particular artist or
> > that the FCC rules and
> > to take that chance.  Do
> > someone decides to get
> > and we can stream, fine,
> > certainly will, I'll just
> > will at least have that

> > >WORT in Madison has had many discussions about
> > streamiong - echoing all the
> > >points that have been raised on this list so far.
> > We, too, are concerned
> > >about what it does to localism when you stream
> > world wide. We, too, have
> > >great concerns over the content restrictions of the
> > DMCA. Our licensing
> [...]

|  Andy Gunn - Technical and Training Organizer  |
| Prometheus Radio Project - prometheusradio.org |
|    andy at prometheusradio.org   215-727-9620     |

| Come to our next radio station Barnraising and community wireless |
| congregation!  November 11 to 13, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.     |
| Prometheus Radio Project * UC Independent Media Center * WRFU-LP  |
| Check http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana/ for more details!    |