[RFU] Re: [Rfu-barnraising] Re: {leti} Re: the automation question

Doug Hoepker doughoepker at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 21:34:03 CDT 2005

As long as there is an option to turn this sucker on
and off, I'm all for it, too. I want it on. I don't
plan on playing more than a couple tracks from any
given record in the course of my show -- and I can
guarantee that no one else DJing at WRFU is going to
be playing the same obscure crap that I am planning to
play. Also, I see no need to let the listener know
what I plan on playing during my show, but I question
why this would be a rule. It seems silly, to say that
you can't announce what you're planning on playing
ahead of time. Why would that be a rule? (Or am I
misunderstanding?)

By the way, are there different rules for LPFM and FM
stations regarding webcasting? Because I listen to
several streaming stations (KEXP in Seattle or WFMU in
Jersey) and they both announce ahead of time what
they're going to play, and in the case of KEXP they
most definitely exceed the number of spins per disc
rule in any given week.

What gives?

-Doug