[Rfu-barnraising] Re: [RFU] About webcasting WRFU

petetridish petri at prometheusradio.org
Sun Oct 30 09:22:06 CST 2005

yeah, i can certainly set aside some time for a discussion of this.
there was already a scheduled workshop on streaming, though it was
going to be more technical. i will try to find some presenters that can
put forward some ideas about the legal aspects to help inform the
discussion. if i can't i will try to at least assemble some people from
other stations to talk about what their policies are, so you have a
jumping off point. i'll see if i can find room for a second session
that is more legally focused.

  the tentative schedule, by the way is ready to post the draft- not
everything is confirmed, but it should give you an idea. we will put it
up on the website as soon as we c an get it up there.
On Oct 29, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Doug Hoepker wrote:

>> I strongly believe
>> that we should not
>> gratuitously violate the regulations.  Would anyone
>> else like to weigh in on
>> this?
>>

> I'm in partial agreement on the rules violations,
> which means I guess that I'm not in agreement. But, we
> need further discussion on the subject, and I
> respectfully ask that we engage the group of experts
> we'll have on hand during the barnraising for their
> opinions, on both the values of webcasting and also
> the possibility of punishment. Maybe we should
> schedule a "discussion" during the barnraising, at
> which time those who are pro/against can voice their
> opinions and be heard by all who give a hoot. Since
> this is our barnraising, I think we should be able to
> say that we'd like to make certain that time is placed
> aside for this to happen.
>
> We do NOT have to make a formal decision on the matter
> during the barnraising. But, it would be helpful to
> hear what those with more experience in dealing with
> rules-making organizations and low power stations have
> to say about webcasting.
>
> -Doug

   _       _
pe'tre dish (n): a squat, cylindrical, transparent article of
laboratory glassware, useful in observing resistant strains of culture
in aetherial media.

  petri at prometheusradio.org
  www.prometheusradio.org
  Prometheus Radio Project
  215-727-9620

see more about the stations we just built in Tanzania!!!
http://www.uaacc.habari.co.tz/radio%20barn%20raising%20at%20UAACC.htm