[Rfu-barnraising] Replies

Lynsee Melchi Lynsee at illinoisalumni.org
Mon Sep 19 17:35:37 CDT 2005

Kate

My name is Lynsee Melchi and I'll be doing most of the outreach here I
would imagine. It's my area of expertise w/WRFU...since I don't know a
lick about radio! I am the point person for outreach as well as
sponsorships. Sorry I haven't made it to any conferences yet...I've been
out of town for work and family stuff. Here's what your email said w/my
answers:

OUTREACH/PARTICIPANTS
*I will write up the outreach text on the barnraising event early next
week to use for flyers/emails, etc. Do you have any text to this effect?

-----You should check out our website (www.wrfu.net) where we have a 1/2
sheet flyer posted about the barnraising. That's all we have for right
now. We are also distributing a paper version of this flyer at outreach
events. We should be getting a banner or something posted up on the IMC
website as well. I believe Danielle is working on this. If you have some
text available I will be happy to use it on outreach materials! Please
send it my way when it's ready!

*We have a punk rock flyer made by a wonderful volunteer. I can fax this
if you like.

-----We would love to have your flyer. Is there a way you can send it to
us via email? A fax probably won't come out that good and we want to do
the artist justice!

*have you created any outreach materials as of yet?

---The only outreach materials we have right now is the flyer I
mentioned above. I haven't started the outreach machine proper yet, so I
haven't actually worked on too many outreach materials yet. Please send
me whatever you have.

*we will alert our lists, as well as reach out to midwest people in our
extensive lpfm database, likely by email, some by phone.
*In our next newsletter, we'll include an outreach/save the date page on
Urbana. This goes out to over 6000 people and organizations.

---sounds good! We have a variety of weekly entertainment papers,
student newspapers, etc. I have a pretty good handle on them. The major
media sources are a bit of an enigma to me, but apparently there are
some folks I have yet to talk to about this. Trust me...we'll drop a
publicity bomb on this town. I've been writing down ideas for like 2
months!

VOLUNTEER SURVEY
I am not sure what this means. please advise and i will too.

---This is Danielle's brainchild...so she may be able to explain it
better. As I understand it, we are going to create a volunteer survey to
see where people may be interested in helping out and in turn where we
need to pick up slack.

Please let me know how we can work together on these things!

Lynsee
Radio Free Urbana