[Rfu-barnraising] THE BLUEPRINTS ARE READY - NEED YOUR REVIEW (fwd)

btaylor at prairienet.org btaylor at prairienet.org
Thu Sep 22 14:51:38 CDT 2005

hi danielle,

so, i left some comments on the wall by the drawings in the imc.  here's
what i remember about those ----

- generally, i think the plans are very good.  especially i like the way
they moved the p.o. boxes to consolidate the p.o. and make a nice wide
entrance to the performance area

- i would eliminate the south door from the studio totally.  mike says the
old door is grandfathered in, but is iffy cuz it opens into the stairway.
i'd like to get clarification on that, cuz that south door really takes
valuable space, right where it's needed for equipment and people.  if it
cant be eliminated altogether, at least it should be moved as far west as
possible, not right in the center of that wall.

- i'd make the old door swing out to gain more room in the studio.  it
could be that this door would be more acceptable if it were a fire-rated
door?  [i know these cost alot, alot]  that door is in the ideal part of
the studio, cuz it's in the place where it's least desirable to put
equipment and airshifters.   also it's unlikely that the stairway would be
as noisy as the main corridor, so the stairway could be a kinda defacto
sound-lock.

- i'm concerned about havin the best sightline from the studio to the
stage.  maybe raising the studio floor to do this.  [this'd need a
wheelchair ramp, which might work if the rise wasn't too much.]  i think
it's really important that the studio work well for live mixes.

- even tho the spy tunnel in the basement is raised, i think it would be way
better to cut across it to the south to provide access to the men's
bathroom, if at all possible, to avoid havin to break up the sw room.

i'll try to find contact info for dave johnson and set up a mtg. w/o
unfairly biasing the bidding process.

la lucha sigue!   bill