[Rfu-barnraising] BR Mtg Minutes: Sept 21, 2005

Lynsee Melchi Lynsee at illinoisalumni.org
Fri Sep 23 12:34:44 CDT 2005

Barn Raising Notes: Sept 21, 2005

Mike, Stuart, Lynsee, Bill, Andrew present

IMPT: STILL NEED POINT PERSON FOR PROJECT PREP (FROM RFU TECH GROUP) AND
SHOWS. PLEASE SEND SOMEONE ASAP TO THE MEETINGS!!! WE NEED ALL IMC
GROUPS WORKING ON THIS TOGETHER!!

Next Meeting: Wed Sept 28 at 7pm, IMC

Physical Plant (AKA Space)
-------------------------------------
We have a schedule for construction. Please look at plans on the IMC
website or in the basement of IMC. Suggestions and comments need to be
turned in by Sept 28 to be considered.

Bill is trained to do basic wiring for the studio space, etc (for power
supply). We need to have this inspected b/4 the BR in Nov. He can also
wire for transmitter.

Project Prep (AKA what volunteers will do while here)
THIS GROUP NEEDS A POINT PERSON! RFU TECH GROUP PLEASE SEND ONE ASAP.

Hosting
------------------
Stuart and Molly are diligently collecting food and preserving it. Bill
will donate a freezer from the Kalyx Center. Need to get housing info
from Kate at Prometheus. Housing is the most impt part of the BR and we
need more help in organizing!!! Should we begin to reserve rooms at the
Historic Lincoln?

Outreach
--------------
Lynsee sent out a massive email to any applicable (and probably some
non-applicable) RSOs at the U of I to see if they were interested in
participating. So far have only heard back from WBML about a possible
collaboration between the 2 stations. Need to get BR info on the IMC
Website still (I think). Will email Dave Gehrig to accomplish this. Also
will get BR info from Kate (flyers, basic BR manual, hosting info).

Sponsors
------------------
Need to have a construction needs list ASAP from RFU Tech/architect/??
in order to try to get donations from local groups. This needs to be
turned into Lynsee by Oct 1 if possible. We can't get free stuff if we
ask for it like 2 weeks before we need it!!!

Entertainment
------------------
Not present. PLEASE SEND SOMEONE TO THE BR MEETINGS TO ACT AS POINT
PERSON W/PROMETHEUS! Prometheus has no budget proposed to give to
entertainment for a BR show. Prometheus struggles to break even (and
they often don't even do that) at BRs and doesn't have enough money to
support our concert.

Goals:

1. Physical Plant: Have space plans critiqued/finalized and bids out.
Also identify what spaces are available and what is needed.
2. Project Prep: Send point person to meetings as well as any other
people interested in helping to plan.
3. Hosting: Get housing info from Kate
4. Outreach: Get press machine oiled and in gear.
5. Sponsorships: Keep contacting sponsors. Get construction needs list.
6. Entertainment: Send point person to BR meetings.

notes prepared by Lynsee Melchi