[Rfu-barnraising] Re: Replies

katharan at prometheusradio.org katharan at prometheusradio.org
Fri Sep 23 14:30:14 CDT 2005

hey Lynsee, this will be a short email and i'll write a longer one
later--i've been waiting on a staff meeting that was meant to take place
tuesday but we got all embroiled in a rulemaking deadline--We'll cover
urbana barnraising details, including getting a registration form up and
running online.

There are sections of the barnraising manual that will be very helpful,
including a timeline, Logistics, Registration, Food, Outreach & Publicity,
Transportation, Housing, Workshops and Tools and Equipment--they are in
rough draft form, but the information is there and will be useful.  I
can't email them to the list, because the files are too large; who can i
forward these documents to?

There should be someone at RFU who can be an overall point person for us
to talk to at this point any non-station-building related issues, as well
as housing and transportation points. It seems daunting, but its not!  We
do alot of the work here--and the longer it waits, the more hectic and
disorganized it will be.  I know that you're probably not the person I
should be talking with about this, but yours was the only response I've
gotten!

There are a bunch of things that we need to be thinking  abouttogether  at
this point, among them what is happening with wireless, the workshop line
up (getting back to the volunteer survey), homestay coordination, crash
space and workshop space, transportation coordination, equipment
rental/donations--Something like housing we really can't do from
here--Libby Reinish did a great job coordinating homestays for the GRC
libby.reinish at gmail.com, I'm sure she would be happy to answer email
questions.  Basically many many people will want free housing, whether
that is crash space or local homestays.  On the RFU end, someone needs to
line up people willing to offer homestays, and then we can match them up
as registrations start coming in.  We'll need a list of local hotels too.

We should also have a conference call next week.

it seems like tech, food and outreach are running along smoothly!  I can
get a little text to you today, and we can start formulating a press
release in the next week or two.

Thanks so much Lynsee!  it's going to be a blast, we're really excited!

kate

 Kate