[Rfu-barnraising] Barnraising 9.28.05

Margo Robb margorobb at speakeasy.net
Thu Sep 29 17:52:23 CDT 2005

howdy folks,

we decided that the space on-line board was a bust.  someone still
needed to monitor the whole process and it was rather clunky.  the
board does seem to work for ride shares, though i have no idea how many
people used it for the GRC/northampton barnraising.

i JUST finished a rough draft of the complete conference manual.  it is
all in one document right now and i'm trying to figure out how to send
it (54 pages!), but it seems like you all are doing a great job.
thanks for taking on this organizing. it is for a really good cause --
getting people together to demystify radio broadcasting.

-margo

On Thursday, September 29, 2005, at 07:20  AM, btaylor at prairienet.org
wrote:

> [...]
>> volunteers
>> to help prepare! I will talk to Katie the RHVR mgr to get a firmer
>> idea of
>> what is possible.
>>
>> So, that's good news, eh?
>>
>> RE: housing-
>>
>> can we set up an online CGI form that people could fill out to
>> register
>> for a place to stay? Then we could get a list of responses and match
>> them
>> local homes here in the order in which they reply and it could be
>> somewhat
>> more manageable. We should send out a call now and start building a
>> list
>> of all local people that could host a few people on their couches and
>> spare rooms. that list should have name, contact info, proximity to
>> IMC, #
>> of people they can host, and then brief discription of their situation
>> (couch, bed, futon, floor - we need to know) & anything else we need
>> know (they have dogs, cats, velociraptors, small children, go to bed
>> early, etc - anything that would help us make a good match with
>> visitors)
>> I could make the list template this weekend (and a phone list of
>> folks to
>> call) IF i can hand it off to someone else to start the emailing and
>> phone
>> calling. Someone who is super fast w CGI should do the form (for
>> people to
>> sign up for housing and to offer housing). Question: does that go
>> on Prometheus website or wRFU site? Who can make the CGI webform? Who
>> can
>> volunteer to call folks?
>>
>> RE: the schedule-
>>
>> What abt Kim Kranich? She is a fabulous local media resource.
>> Sandra Ahten is a great reporter, also, with lots to teach.
>> Anyone from WEFT with experience to share? Lori Serb, Janet Lowry?
>> I also think it would be kinda cool to invite the mainstreamers and
>> show
>> them another vision of radio. (reporters from WILL? Jim Meadows, Tom
>> Rogers?) - do a roundtable discussion on broadcast journalism with IMC
>> reporters?
>> And what abt someone from WBCP?
>>
>> -Molly
>> Food-gatherer
>>
>> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Danielle Chynoweth wrote:
>>
>>> Barnraising 9.28.05
>>>
>>> Food - Stuart Tarr
>>> - folks canned pasta sauce, and froze peppers etc
>>> - Kaylx center has freezer if Molly can get bread from Mirabelle to
>>> freeze
>>> - We have a list of caterers from the Visitors Bureau who may donate
>>> food.
>>> Lynsee is sending this to Stuart.
>>> - Still need a kitchen - Molly is following up with the Herring.
>>>
>>> Housing - no point yet
>>> - Needs a point person.
>>> - Danielle asked Carol Inskeep if she would coordinate.  They are
>>> in