[Trees-outreach] Tables at County Markets

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 22:29:35 CST 2001

For those Outreach and Membership committee members that could not attend
the last meeting:

We are focusing our energy mainly on getting signatures for the affadavit
and planning for the Arbor Day event.
We still have thousands of signatures to get before April 10th. We are all
looking into getting tables set up at supermarkets to get signatures and
sell buttons and ribbons. Anybody else interested in volunteering to go door
to door in their neighborhood or going to a store for a few hours?

I just talked to a manager at the County Market on Philo road and he said
that their corporate office will not allow any County Markets to have tables
soliciting people or selling things. He said that the girl scouts cannot
even sell cookies.
Oh well. Anybody else have any luck?  Any more ideas for places to call?

Pauline Bartolone