[Trees-outreach] half a victory party

Colleen Sarna csarna at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 14:02:31 CST 2001

Hello everyone!

Everyone seems to be on the same page... IP isn't done
quite yet. Our efforts will continue and we will
prevail!

The Arbor Day planning meeting at Kyra's house took a
different turn since we received the tariff retraction
news. So we discussed quite a few other things (listed
below). Most importantly, we shouldn't let our guard
down or our efforts lag.

The next general meeting is April 10 at the Champaign
Public Libary. The Exec Committee is inviting our
representatives as well as Peter Millburg to this
meeting. The media may be there.

We should continue to collect signatures. The only
language change on the affidavits will be the removal
of the docket number. We will keep the signatures
collected to this point, but a revised affidavit sheet
will be available from now on. So don't worry if you
still have space on the old sheets! Get those
signatures and we'll have new sheets available.

Kyra Shair is the new campaign co-chair until Laura
returns. Yay!

The Arbor Day event is still in the idea stages, but
there is no doubt that Outreach and Membership will
play a role in the planning and advertising process.

That's the update! Please let people know it's not
over yet, and we still need their support.

Enjoy today's gorgeous weather and have a wonderful
weekend!

Colleen