[UC-ODDMUSIC] AquaTown: composition & performance opportunities

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 19:01:41 CDT 2010

do forward:*
*

*AquaTown: *

*A Future HydroHistory*

*The future is going to be different—but how? *

The year is 2019: A cataclysmic combination of climate change, water
mismanagement, and federal budget crisis has caused industrial agriculture
to fail. Communities in the Midwest have to make drastic changes to adapt.

In AquaTown: a future hydrohistory, 3 parallel futures in East Illinois
twist through 5 decades in equal possibility. Which will the people of 2019
dream into being? And once they choose, how will they get there?

*directed by Andrea del Moral*

*premieres June 10-13, 2010 at the *

*U-C Independent Media Center*

We are looking for 1-2 musicians (all ages and levels of experience welcome)
who are interested in collaborative composition & performance of music in
different tuning systems ("microtonal music"), especially on acoustic
instruments, to play in the pit for this production.  Please contact me (
udderbot at gmail.com, 281-755-2260) if you are interested!

Jacob Barton
Music director for AquaTown
instigator of ODDMUSIC http://oddmusicuc.wordpress.com