[UC-ODDMUSIC] 3 oddnouncements

Andrew Heathwaite gtrpkt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 18:37:40 CST 2010

Hello Oddmusicians; my announcements number 3:

1. MCSG SPRINGSEM.

Oddmusic Urbana-Champaign hosts Microtonal Composition Study Group in the Family Room of the IMC every Saturday afternoon starting at 3:00 pm during the Spring Semester. This coming Sunday, Feb 27, will be our first meeting of th new semester. You're invited to come & bring a something: a piece to play? a question? a proposal? a wish? A description of what: Interested persons meet to learn & converse about the uncommon practice of microtonal composition.  Microtonal refers to tuning systems which do not adhere to this culture's assumed & often invisible tuning standard of 12 equal divisions of the octave.  Our focus is on composition of new works in new tunings.  Complete beginners to microtonal theory and practice are welcome. The class is free, but donations to Oddmusic help us pay for the space and time.

2. ODDRADIO.

Jacob & Andrew will host Oddmusic's second radio show tonight (Tuesday) at 11pm on WRFU 104.5 FM, Urbana.  Our focus will again be microtonal singing, with gobs of odd & lovely recordings from th vaults. Your last minute submissions, recommendations, or proposals are welcome!

Oddradio is weekly, so pencil us in for future Tuesdays, if it suits you.

3. OFFICE HOUR.

Oddmusic Office HourS will become Oddmusic Office Hour.  Starting this coming Sunday, our Office Hour will be 8-9 PM every Sunday.  You are invited to: interact with th Oddmusic Library (have you seen my proto-dulcimer yet?); bring a thing or your attention for show & tell; make proposals for things that demand Oddmusic: use of Oddmusic space? a microtonal singing telegram? a half-baked zany idea? a desire that needs another one?

I hope 2010 is proving full of fruits for you.

Oddlove,
Andrew

believed to be clean.