[UC-ODDMUSIC] Oddmusic Fall 010 Schedule

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:08:35 CDT 2010

Sunday 8-9PM - Instrument Library Open Hour
Monday 8-9PM - Instrument Library Open Hour
Wednesday 8-9PM - Oddmusic Radio Shower on WRFU-LP 104.5 FM
Saturday 1-4PM - Oddmusic Ensemble (Udderbot Marching Choir rehearsal 2-4PM)

Except for the radio show, events are in the Family Room downstairs at
the IMC, accessible from the Elm St. entrance.

Items recently added to the Instrument Library: Israeli Avraham flute;
Clavichord; Loop Station; Tenor Recorder; a variety of shaker
percussion; a documentary about Sun Ra...

For over a year now, OddMusic-UC has held Musical Instrument Library
Open Hours on Sunday nights, for newcomers and old-timers alike to
peruse our collection, learn something new and odd, perhaps borrow an
instrument or two.  This is not a convenient time for many people,
including school-going children and bus-riders;  beginning tonight,
Open Hours will happen Sunday AND Monday nights, 8-9PM!  We hope to
offer a greater variety of hours when more volunteers make it
possible.

The Open Hours will also serve as Working Hours when business is slow.
 We need help maintaining and building the instrument library, with
actions like:
- Calling up people who haven't returned an instrument
- Hunting down and securing more musical instrument donations
(checking Craigslist, making fliers...)
- Repairing broken instruments in need of attention (accordion, 3
ukuleles, khaen...)
- Rearranging the room to fit even more things in it
- Planning events and happenings

Cheers and stay odd,
Jacob

http://oddmusicuc.wordpress.com/