[UC-ODDMUSIC] Tonight: Oddmusic Radio Shower presents (Termen Ne Mret) and (Intro to Microtones and Society)

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:55:16 CST 2011

Tonight!  Oddmusic Radio Shower 8:00-9:30pm on WRFU 104.5 FM in
Champaign-Urbana.

(Sorry, still no webstream. But we should have a podcast up in the next few
days.)

TERMEN NE MRET is a 12-part fictional radio drama, which we will be playing
each week over the next 12 weeks. Termen Ne Mret is a sonic journey through
the life of Leon Theremin, famous Russian inventor and musician. Having
successfully created a device that enables him to travel through time,
Theremin is beckoned deeper into his past by a voice from the Ether. His
ability alerts the Ether agents, who seek to stop him at all costs.

INTRO TO MICROTONES AND SOCIETY - Jacob Barton and Andrew Heathwaite are
leading a Microtonal Design course at the School for Designing a Society for
the next 12 weeks in Urbana.  Tonight we'll present an introduction to
microtonal music, and a little context as to what we think it has to do with
designing a society.

STUDENTS of SDaS--feel free to listen in, or join us in the studio,
especially if you want a rough-and-tumble introduction to the community
radio station.

over and out,
Jacob

--