[UC-ODDMUSIC] Harmonics 12 to 30 in 15

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 06:17:18 CST 2011

Nifty picture of electron orbitals plus the tuning used plus online play at:

http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=448

Download

http://micro.soonlabel.com/harmonic_series/daily20110119b-harmonic-arps.mp3

I have been exploring Sonar X1 and one of the ideas on my list was to apply
the apreggiator to a piece of music that was classical and used the harmonic
series – just sounded like a good idea. Well, here is the realization of
that idea. Using pianoteq 3.6 and Sonar X1 I recorded an improvisation with
arpeggiator at eight notes and 2 octaves and a BPM of 60. I used a 15 note
tuning with harmonics 12 to 30 reduced to an octave – and then repeated for
every octave. The arpeggiated notes are purposefully quieter in order to
provide a “cloud” of notes in support of the main themes.