[UC-ODDMUSIC] Kept in the Cellar

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:56:17 CDT 2011

Kept in the Cellar<http://micro.soonlabel.com/17-ET/daily20110706_kontakt_kept_in_the_cellar.mp3>is
a piece for piano, percussion, and processed
street signs <http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=908> in 17 edo.
The street sign sounds represent my first foray into making a pitched
Kontakt sample set with assign keyboard areas. As it is this piece sounds a
bit to me like it came from a horror movie – thus the title.
The street sign samples were processed by the new Paul's Extreme Stretch in
"tonal" mode which reduced noise and made it possible for Audacity's fast
Fourier transform to pick out the fundamental and overtones and allowed me
to assign a pitch. More or less this does seem to be operational over the 4
samples that make up the kontakt "sample instrument" though there are still
some rough transitions.

online play and download

http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=1014