[UC-ODDMUSIC] Cakewalk Product Information support

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:17:17 CDT 2011

Thank you for your reply. This question of microtonal support came up in the
microtonal composer community.

Unfortunately I (and probably everyone on the microtonal lists I've copied
) will not be purchasing the upgrade because this feature has been removed.
If I am forced to up grade to Z3ta+ 2 w/o microtonal support in a future
Sonar upgrade I'd have to seriously consider if I would want to "upgrade"
Sonar as well.

Z3TA+ has for a long time been a favorite of microtonal composers because it
had native microtonal retuning support. It is unfortunate (and perplexing)
that it has been removed.
 Perhaps everyone I have copied will join the forum and request it.

Removal of microtonal capabilities is kind of odd because, with the
exception of East-West, microtonal capabilities have been being added to an
increasing number of software (and hardware) synthesizers and samplers.
Logic and I believe Melodyne actually have microtonal capability built in to
the DAW.

I hope, also, that Cakewalk is not considering removing the ability to score
music in Sonar via music staffs as well. That would also be tragic. I seem
to remember the question in the survey I took a few weeks ago.

Chris