[UC-ODDMUSIC] Two Microtonal Pieces

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:39:40 CDT 2011

For Brass and Voice Choirs in 17
edo**<http://micro.soonlabel.com/17-ET/daily20110713_q49_17_brass_voice_choirs.mp3>

This is a piece using 2 keyboards, an M-Audio 88es (vocal choir) and Alesis
Q49 (brass choir) in 17 notes per octave. The objective was to use some
functional xenharmonic chord progressions. I would be interested in knowing
if you perceive the harmonies as having direction, tension and release in
the sense of 12 equal common practice chord progressions.

 For 2 Violas and Gongs in 10
edo**<http://micro.soonlabel.com/10edo/daily20110713_q49_10_viola_duet_and_gongs.mp3>

This is a piece performed on an Alesis Q49 using Kontakt 4′s viola and gongs
samples as the sound source. The violas are retuned to 10 notes per octave.
This piece is concentrates more on melodic aspects. This is my first piece
in 10 edo and I found it rather easy and intuitive to compose in.

 Online play and download can be found here: http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=1039