[UC-ODDMUSIC] Desecration of an Art Song

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:12:00 CDT 2011

There is a discussion of celemony melodyne DNA (direct note access) editor
on the tuning list that I thought I'd share my reply.
http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=products_editor

Thank you Dante. Actually that video convinced me that this software is not
worth $350.  Unless you were going to use it as a synthesis tool. I imagine
you can do interesting artificial things with it. But if the algorithm is
that inaccurate that it takes this much hand correction using it to do
anything on an entire piece would be excruciating.  The existence of the
venetian blinds and all of these fine tuning capabilities explain that the
software is not $350 worth yet.

I did this mostly with the monophonic (non-DNA)  version of this software to
give you some idea of what you could do if you abused the source material.

Online listen and story plus review. Such a deal! And yeah.... its
microtonal in a way. Just not the usual way.
http://alonetone.com/vaisvil/tracks/desecration-of-an-art-song-2