[UC-ODDMUSIC] Call for microtonal submissions

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Mon May 13 01:09:15 UTC 2013

Hi, I would like to announce an opportunity for microtonal composers.

UN12, as you probably know, is sponsoring a 2012 60 by 60 mix.

Unfortunately of the many, many entries received and reviewed, very few
were actually intentionally microtonal pieces. Currently we are short a
substantial number (~20) of quality pieces to represent our community in
Rob Voisey's Vox Novus project. The work in this mix will be played in
cities around the world and may be choreographed as well.

BUT our difficulty is your opportunity.

Rules of Submission

1. The piece can't be previously published
2. The sound quality has to be good. This is subjective, of course. Do the
best you can.
3. The total length can't exceed 60 seconds.
4. The submission has to be in uncompressed wav, AIFF, or lossless FLAC
5. Include a short bio and short song introduction
6. Of course nothing can violate US copyright law (sampling other music for
instance).

We have a early June deadline to meet. You have two weeks to compose,
improvise, get your microtonal band together and put out 60 seconds of
music that will grab the general public's attention and give them something
good that simply can't be done in 12 equal.

Deadline May 26th 2013.

I don't have a submission link at this moment - contact me personally and I
will make sure you get taken care of.

Chris Vaisvil
Untwelve board member.