[Vip-communityjustice] Yay, Community Justices

Gail Schnitzer gcschnitzer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:49:41 CDT 2007

Hey all,

Pen Pals

Now is a good time to write to your prison pen pal. Some good topics involve
the crazy whether we have been experiencing and your spring holiday plans.
How was spring break?

If you need a new pen pal packet, head to the VIP office in the RSO Complex,
2nd floor of the Union Quad Side. Grab a new packet and leave your contact
information on a 1/4 page info sheet in the community justice form return
folder on the door.

Books to Prisoners this Saturday

We will meet for books to Prisoners in the circle drive of the Union at 8:40
in the morning. This is a special weekend where the hours for volunteering
are 9-noon. Please RSVP to cchou3 at uiuc.edu. We will also have a trip Tuesday
April 17 from 7-9 for National Volunteer Week!

Supervision

Keep April 21st open for a Supervision Event!

Skills Classes

We are looking for supervisors on April 14th all day for our Babysitting
Class for youth offenders. Contact me at gschnit2 at uiuc.edu if interested.

As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns,

Gail
--
Gail C. Schnitzer
Political Science & Speech Communication, University of Illinois at

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
– Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963