[Vip-recreation] VIP Board of Directors Applications and events!!!

ctrimarc at uiuc.edu ctrimarc at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 4 16:11:23 CDT 2005

Make sure you at least scroll down to the end to find out
RECREATION's SEPTEMBER VOLUNTEERS OF THE MONTH (next month it
could be you....)

****After this semester, a whole new Board of Directors takes
over...that means, you all have the chance to be a part of it!
 This project, as well as almost all the other projects will
be looking for new directors.  Applications will be made
available at the end of this week in the VIP office (RSO
complex, 2nd floor of the union).  It is been a great
opportunity for me, I've met amazing people and learned a lot.
 I highly recommend it if you are interested.  And feel free
to email me with any questions you may have.

*****We still need a few more people to help with CU Special
Recreation BOWLING on Wednesdays (tomorrow) at Western bowl
from 4-5:15pm.  It's a great experience and a way to get away
from school for an hour:) We meet in front of the union on the
green street side at about 3:40pm.  Even if you haven't been
trained yet, you can still go this week and we can arrange a
time to train you later.  And bring a few friends:)  Email
Brittany asap if you can make it tomorrow bkwhite2 at uiuc.edu

****Afterhours this Saturday from 7-10pm!!!  Basketball, free
pizza :), games and fun with junior high kids...let's see if
we can beat them this week...
Email Kristina at kfranke at uiuc.edu

****Champaign Park District HARVEST FEST on Saturday October
15th from 11ish to 4ish (need to double check that, sorry).
We need about 20 volunteers, so please please please try to
make this an event you attend (even if you have never
volunteered before or never will again)  I promise great times
and free food:)  We will be helping run games and working
booths.  Email if you are interested, know of a group
interested in helping such as a frat or sorority, etc.
-Contact JILL at jilmue at gmail.com

****King's Park Restoration is also on Saturday Oct. 15th.  If
you want to help with the actual rebuilding, let us know.  We
were thinking of focusing on playing games with the children
while the parents built the park.  I think this could be a
really great experience, something that is really adding to
our community:)  So, if you are interested or have questions,
email Betsy at brodri2 at uiuc.edu

****If you want to be on the FALL FIELD DAY committee and help
us plan this event, contact me asap!

****YAY you made it to the end...
September's Volunteers of the Month are (drum roll)...
KATIE HURLIMAN and MIKE HUTSON!!!!!!
Congrats guys and thanks for all your dedication, you have
each dedicated your time on multiple occasions and have really
helped the community and this organization.  So thanks:)
I'll be emailing you about your prize (yes, they get a prize too)

Sorry for the long email, there is sooo much stuff going on
this month (warning, you may get another one very soon)and
thanks for not deleting this... yet...

Have a great week everyone!  And thanks to everyone that went
to last week's events...we had a great turnout for
Afterhours...you all rock:)

peace,
Claire