[Vip-recreation] application and events -please help this weekend:)

ctrimarc at uiuc.edu ctrimarc at uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 9 23:04:21 CDT 2005

VIP Board of Director Applications now available!! I've
attached one to this email...it's a great opportunity and lots
of fun so definitely consider it:)

Here's the deal, we have a bunch of stuff these next two
weeks...so please please please see if you can attend one of
them and bring a friend or two, I promise fun times:)

Also, for two events (Special Olympics Bowling Competition on
Oct. 23 and Harvest Fest this Saturday Oct. 15) you can either
 assist and hang out with the CUSpecial Rec participants or
help run the games...just make sure you email the right person
for the type of volunteering you want to do...email me
questions if you are confused...

***CU Special Recreation Activities***

1.  CUSR would love for a few volunteers to attend the
Champaign Park District’s Harvest Fest with us.   We will meet
at the Leonard Center (2112 W Sangamon Drive)  at 12:30 and
travel as a group to Prairie Farms for the festival.  Duties
include having fun and participating in the Harvest fest
offerings.
-Please contact kathy.stiebner at cparkdistrict.com with any
questions or to sign up to volunteer.

2.  Sunday, Oct 23
7:30 am – noon
Special Olympics Bowling Tournament
Receive a Special Olympics volunteer t-shirt and lunch for
helping our Special Olympics bowlers compete in their
tournament.
-Please contact kathy.stiebner at cparkdistrict.com with any
questions or to sign up to volunteer.

3.  CUSR weekly BOWLING at Western Bowl on Wednesdays from
4-5:15pm.  We meet at the north circle drive of the union at
3:40pm.  Email Brittany to let her know you are interested and
will be needing a ride at bkwhite2 at uiuc.edu

***Park District Events this weekend***
1.  Champaign PD Harvest Fest - We will be running the games,
handing out prizes and having a great time (while getting a
free lunch:)  We need 20+ volunteers so bring your friends...
-from 10:30am to 4pm (possible shifts if enough people)
-Email Jill asap at jilmue at gmail.com
-rides provided

2.  King's Park Restoration in Urbana this Saturday Oct. 15th
from 1-3pm.  We will be playing games with the kids while
parents fix up the park (but you can help with that too if you
want)
-rides provided
-Email Betsy at brodri2 at uiuc.edu

***Special Olympics Tournament***
We will be running registration, handing out trophies, keeping
score, and having a great time with the participants.
-Four shifts available: 7:30am-noon, 11:30-4pm, all day, or
11am-2pm lunch crew only.
-Let me know ASAP which shift you want to do
-rides will be provided for 11:30-4pm or lunch crew 11-2pm
shift depending on # of volunteers

Again, sorry for the overload...but please help, VIP Rec needs
you (tear)

Thanks and have a great week:)
Claire