[Vip-recreation] Fwd: VIP volunteer request

ctrimarc at uiuc.edu ctrimarc at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 11 14:57:19 CDT 2005

**Forgot to include this with the weekly email, sorry, but
email the woman if you are interested... (also, email me if
you can help with any of the events this weekend, still need a
few more for Harvest Fest, thanks:)

Dear Volunteers of VIP recreation,

My name is Nicole Alexander and I am one of the co-chairs
for this year's Illini Stride Homecoming 5K through the
Student Alumni Ambassadors.  Our race is on Sunday, October
16th at 11am, followed by a kids' one mile fun run at
12:30pm.  All proceeds for the event go to Champaign Country
Unit 4 School District's Warm-A-Kid program.  Our
organization is also sponsoring Homecoming Kickoff at the
same time, so we are very short on people to help guard the
course on the day of the race.  We were wondering if it
would be possible for some of your volunteers to help us out
the day event with making sure cars don't go on the course and
endanger the runners.  We'd need volunteers probably
around 9:30-10am that morning to get everything set up and
ready to go.  Let me know if you think
you would be willing to help.

Thanks,
Nicole Alexander