[Vip-recreation] bball and 5K run

kfranke at uiuc.edu kfranke at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 26 12:37:11 CDT 2006

Hey!

Here are the events for this weekend.  There is also a basketball coaching opportunity at Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club!

***Mission 180 has Late Night Basketball this Friday from 8:45-11pm.  Come out and play 5-on-5 games with either 8-12 year olds or 13-18 year olds.  Last week we had a lot of fun scrimmaging!  Email me at kfranke at uiuc.edu if interested.

***Champaign Park District has their semi-annual CU on the Trails 5K run/walk this Saturday from 7-11am.  They need volunteers to help set up the event, sell t-shirts, and just cheer on the participants.  Each volunteer gets a free t-shirt!  Email Craig at clouer2 at uiuc.edu if interested.

***YMCA After Hours is this Saturday from 7-10pm.  Come play basketball games with middleschoolers.  They are now also letting volunteers swim with the kids so feel free to bring your swimsuit and have fun in the pool!  Email Kristyn at kbiscoc2 at uiuc.edu if interested.

***Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club needs volunteer coaches for their Educational AAU Basketball Program.  This program is designed as an educational sports program where volunteers are also mentors to the kids.  Coaches are needed for the 15 and under group and 17 and under group.  Practices are Saturdays from 1-4pm.  Email me at kfranke at uiuc.edu if interested.

Have a great week!

Kristina :)

Kristina Franke
Recreation Director 2006