[Vip-recreation] Just a Reminder

Demetrius Wade dwade3 at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 24 16:48:20 CDT 2007

Please don't forget about the following upcoming events for The recreation
project. Its never to late to volunteer for them so if any of you are
interested please let me know which one you would like to attend, Thanks.

The YMCA is seeking approximately 20 volunteers for their upcoming event,
Halloween at the Y.  The event is on Saturday, October 27 from 5:00-7:00 pm
at the Fitness and Family Center Y at 707 N. Country Fair Drive, Champaign.

Halloween at the Y is one of our most fun events with activities such as
Haunted House, scary stories, book walk, face painting, gymnastics trail,
costume parade, etc.  Approximately 250 children and their families will be
attending this event. The van will leave at 4:30pm so please come before
then.
Don't forget the Savoy Recreation Center, on October 31 will be having a
free community event called Trick or Treat Street. Trick or Treat Street is
a Halloween event for children. We will have games, crafts, a haunted house,
and local business will be providing treats to the children. In order to
make this event a success we need volunteers. The volunteers would help set
up for the event, tear down, help with games, crafts and watching some of
our business booths. The times are from 6-11 pm The van will leave promptly
at 5:30pm so please arrive before then, Thanks.

--
Demetrius D. Wade
University Of Illinois Champaign Urbana