[Vip-recreation] More Opportunities

Demetrius Wade dwade3 at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 6 17:45:51 CDT 2007

There will be a volunteering outreach trip to East St. Louis on September
21st and 22nd. The trip is sponsored by ESLARP (East St. Louis Action
Research Project) and the university. They will provide transportation and
food (except your food on the way back) as well as hotel accomodations all
for free. Please be advised that you may be doing some real hands on things
so be sure to pack appropriate clothing for the trip. I will be going and im
letting you know that from my experience volunteering with this program i
have had a great time, met plenty of great people and seen some real change
happen in the communities that we work in located in East St. Louis. If you
would like to get involved with this program please sign up at
http://www.eslarp.uiuc.edu/ click on the volunteer link and register. Once
you have registered you will recieve a confirmation e-mail giving you more
information on the hotel and different volunteer projects that are available
while we will be down there. If you sign up please let me know so that i can
have a sign in sheet for everyone to make sure you get all your hours.

If you cant go on the overnight trip for any reason dont worry there is
another great opportunity for you right here in the Champaign Urbana
community. Robeson Elementary School is urgently needing volunteers to help
out with its annual fundraising carnival. The event is on Friday, September
21st from 5-8pm, and they need help with organizing games, serving dinner,
and tickets. Right now, they have 90 half-hour shifts they need to fill but
only 10 parent volunteers.If you're interested in helping out, please e-mail
Abby Skube at askube at atgf.com

Thank you for your time and happy volunteering!!!

--
Demetrius D. Wade
College of LAS English Pre-Law Major