[Volunteers] Office of Volunteer Programs Weekly Update (4/10/02):

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 10 17:04:21 CDT 2002

Hi everyone,

We are gearing up for Operation Helping Hands here at the Office of
Volunteer Programs.  There are still opportunities for volunteering so let
us know if you are interested.  Without further ado:

1. TONIGHT! TONIGHT!! TONIGHT!!! On April 10 from 6-7 p.m. there will be
an Americorps Information Session held in Room 211 of the Illini Union.
Find out all you need to know about Volunteer Opportunities with
Americorp.  More information is available on the Americorps website:
http://www.americorps.org/ or by calling Alice Choi at (312)353-8280.

2. Jo Hopkins with RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Programs) at 359-6500 is
looking for one-time volunteers to help seniors with a variety of
things.  For example, I know there is one man that needs help with some
tree limbs in his yard.  If you would like to help seniors with these
one-time volunteer opportunities, please contact Jo Hopkins.

3. MOVIE BUFFS WANTED!!!  The Roger Ebert Overlooked Film Festival is
looking for volunteers to help do crowd control, concessions, ushers,
stage door attendants, merchandise sales, passholder registration and
check-in, VIP registraction and check-in, etc. etc. etc.  They're looking
for over 175 people, so if you're a big group, here's the opportunity
you've been waiting for.  Contact sgrey61 at hotmail.com if you'd like to
help out.

4. Got Group?  Operation Helping Hand is coming April 20-27.  We're
looking for volunteers on a first-come, first-served basis.  Operation
Helping Hands is an opportunity for groups to volunteer with a local
charitable organization for one week.  If you're part of a group, this is
a great way to greatly help a local group get one of their major projects
accomplished.  Contact ovp at uiuc.edu or call 333-7424 if your group is
interested.

Tell them the Office of Volunteer Programs sent you,

--Sascha Meinrath
Office of Volunteer Programs

Phone#: 333-7424
E-mail: ovp at uiuc.edu