[BfB(oG)] CRUNCH TIME: where to petition for Nader/LaDuke?

Jim Buell jbuell at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 1 15:15:39 CDT 2000

We're in a great position to get tons of signatures this week, IF we folks
can find the time to gather them. Locally, the article I wrote for the
Octopus will appear Thursday, and we can likely get PSA's onto WEFT as well
to announce when and where we'll be and to urge listeners to pick up forms
from us (or even at the station).

A little further afield, the free, massive Decatur Celebration
(http://www.decaturcelebration.com) runs this weekend - 300,000 people in 3
days! - and wouldn't it be great fun to snag hundreds (or thousands!) of
signatures from under the noses of ADM ;-). Heck, the Billionaires might
even be able to put in an appearance -featured performer Eddy Money's gotta
be their hero.

Who has ideas for how we can get the most folks to sign by Aug. 7? This is
crunch time for the lawsuit, and what we accomplish this week can make ALL
the difference to whether we'll see Ralph and Winona on the ballot in
November. Please chime in with your suggestions and offers to help. It's
now or never!

Jim